I LOVE MAIL

I LOVE TO GET MAIL !

Hermana Kiley Eliason

Prolongación Adolfo López Mateos #98A

Colonia Trojes de Alonso

C.P. 20116 Jesus Maria,

Aguascalientes, Mexico



My email address: kiley.eliason@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 16, 2013

Finally A Missionary!


So as soon as I arrived here in Provo, Utah at the Missionary Training Center I was paired up with my companion. She is totally awesome! She is Hawaiian and her full name is: Isabel Misayo Na Wa'a Kaulana O Ka Hele Lani Braun! It means "two majestic canoes traveling to heaven" which is cool because her twin brother shares the same middle name :) She taught me how to pronounce her name and it sounds so beautiful. Sister Braun and I are so similar that it's almost weird! We have tons of fun together and get along perfectly.

The other girls and guys in my group are all so unique and interesting. At meal time we all just tell stories. The cafeteria food is really unhealthy, so I'm just living off of the soup, salad, and cereal bars. But I can already tell that most of the boys here are going to put on some pounds because they are always chowing down trays full of food!

I love gym time here! We have volleyball and basketball courts in these crazy bubble/ igloo buildings (as you can see in the picture).
What's really amazing is the view I have of the mountains. Every time I walk out of class, I get to admire the humongous snow capped peaks! It makes the cold climate here way worth it!

Spanish! The Lord is helping me so much. I can already say a prayer and bear my testimony in Spanish. Sometimes, after being in class all day, my brain feels fried -  but it's insane how much I am learning! The teachers here are so helpful and spiritual. Our main teacher Brother Bliler (who we call Brother Buhler- like from the movie Ferris Buhler's Day Off) makes class fun and interactive. It is a miracle that I have so much energy! My body is exhausted but my mind keeps wanting to absorb more and more information.

I hope you all are enjoying this wonderful holiday season. Christmas is the best time of year because people are so friendly and focused on Christ. 

Please write to me! I was so happy when I received some Christmas cards, letters, and emails these first couple days. You can use the DearElder.com website too :) I love you all so much!

-Hermana Eliason 

No comments:

Post a Comment