I LOVE MAIL

I LOVE TO GET MAIL !

Hermana Kiley Eliason

Prolongación Adolfo López Mateos #98A

Colonia Trojes de Alonso

C.P. 20116 Jesus Maria,

Aguascalientes, Mexico



My email address: kiley.eliason@myldsmail.net

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy New Year - (belated)

Wow!  It's been a while since I've gotten to send an email. They changed our Preparation Day from Mondays to Saturdays (but only for today and next week. After that, P-Days will be on Mondays again)

First off, Happy New Year! It blows my mind that 2013 is over! For New Year's Eve, the sisters in my district and I gathered together to share our resolutions and eat food before we went to bed around 10:30pm. We even had a Martinelli bottle of sparkling cider that we all had a sip of :) 
Photo is a little blurry
(but not because of the bubbly!)

Another thought that blows my mind, is that I will be in Mexico all of this year and into 2015! My Spanish has improved leaps and bounds.  I can communicate pretty well with our investigators, because I understand almost everything they say; and although my grammar is horrible, I can get my points across. I truly love speaking Spanish with everyone and can't wait for the day that I'm actually fluent! One of my New Year's Resolutions was to practice the language as much as possible. Sometimes it can be exhausting though. For example, Hermana Braun and I were teaching/talking to one of our investigators for about an hour and  half, and afterwards I felt physically drained and ready for a nap! haha But I love it! I love the CCM. And I absolutely love being a missionary.
Hermanas Braun & Eliason

So yesterday, I flew on a plane to Las Vegas with 10 other missionaries so we could obtain our visas at the Mexican Consulate. It honestly felt a little weird being out in public again! One thing that I really liked was when other people would say "hello sisters" or "hey there missionaries!" When we bought breakfast at the airport, the lady at the register gave us the employee discount- which was so nice! And while we were boarding the plane one of the guys we were walking past in the isle said "well, at least we know this plane isn't going down, since you missionaries are all on board!" Comments and smiles are the best as a missionary and make me feel so loved and appreciated! Being in Vegas for the day was a good break because it was so warm and sunny! I can't wait for the weather in Mexico!

Today my zone and I were able to attend a session at the Provo temple. The Spirit was so strong there and the temple is gorgeous!
Sisters  Robinson, Cook, Eliason, Green, Braun, & Morgan in front of the Provo Temple  (Hermana Green and I have become really close because we are super similar, and Yes we have the exact matching outfits - including headband!)


Here is my entire zone at dinner :)



Loving the mission life!



Most of the days here are roughly the same: tons of studying, teaching lessons, playing volleyball, eating at the cafeteria, and getting a couple hours of sleep. Sorry that my update is so short- hopefully there will be more to report on once I actually get to MEXICO! But for now, I am doing really well and love to hear from you all! Thank you for all the support and prayers.


-Hermana Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment