I LOVE MAIL

I LOVE TO GET MAIL !

Hermana Kiley Eliason

Prolongación Adolfo López Mateos #98A

Colonia Trojes de Alonso

C.P. 20116 Jesus Maria,

Aguascalientes, Mexico



My email address: kiley.eliason@myldsmail.net

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Baptism!

On Monday I didn't wake-up feeling 100%, but after a warm peppermint tea with honey & some congestion / flu pills, I felt better  :)  A member in the ward invited us to go shoe shopping - exactly what I desperately needed!  She ended up buying Hermana Mora and I new and comfortable Flexi shoes that should last me the rest of my mission!  I am extremely grateful for the incredible people here who take such good care of me!  In the evening we created Jose's baptismal programs & burned the "He Is The Gift" video to show to everyone who attends on Friday  :)  Getting everything ready for the baptism is so exciting.



Then on Tuesday, we had our last district meeting before changes (on the 14th).  I hope Hermana Mora and I don't have changes.  At lunch we ate a "special meat" that can only be found in Vera Cruz - but the member's husband had recently come back from a business trip there, and brought some of the meat back with him.  It was yummy, but kinda scared me a little because it's bright red color gave the impression that it wasn't cooked enough - although it really was  :)  In the evening before exchanges, we went over the baptismal questions with Jose and he told us that he's been studying each day.

Wednesday, I spent the day with Hermana Rodriguez (a different Hermana Rodriguez).  She is 21 and the youngest in her family, and from Merida, Yucatan.  She is incredible because her dad and brother aren't members, and she's out here serving a mission with the hope that they'll accept the missionary lessons while she's gone.  We worked hard together, and made each other laugh easily  :)

In the morning we helped a member put up her Christmas tree, and she rewarded us with home-squeezed orange juice.  In the evening, we encountered new investigators named Stephanie & Allejandro who watched the "He is the Gift" video and really enjoyed the message we shared afterwards.  The only bummer is that they're going out of town - like many others - for the holidays.  So our next lesson with them wouldn't be until January  :(

Thursday I completed my one year mark!  On December 11th last year, I was entering the CCM in Provo, Utah!  WOW the time really has flown.  I am so happy to be here in Mexico  :)  We taught Teodulo & Maria, and they're going to do everything possible to attend the baptism tomorrow.  Then in the evening we visited a less active member & her son who isn't a member.  We talked about our purpose here in life.  For me, it is easier to make the right decisions and focus on what is truly important, if I think about why I'm here and what I must accomplish.  Now I can see that I am happier serving and visiting people rather than wasting so much precious time "connected" to my phone, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.  The people matter, and I love spending time teaching them  :)

Friday was the baptism!  Jose Guadalupe got baptized and was so happy - although he doesn't smile for pictures because he doesn't have many upper teeth.  But he was beaming and very excited.  In the morning, Hermana Mora, the Elders, and I cleaned the font and set up the room.  Then in the evening we filled the font and did the final touches.  So many of our investigators and less actives showed up!

Teodulo, Maria, Lulu, Irma, and the less active members with her nonmember son that we had invited on Thursday.  I could definitely feel the Spirit and I hope everyone else did too.  I know that baptism is so important - it is the door that leads us on the road back to our Heavenly Father.  When we are baptized by the proper authority and in the proper way, we can feel clean and guilt-free.  We can start over and choose to follow the Savior - which will make us happier than ever before.

Saturday was WAY FUN!! After lunch we picked up Hermana Fullmer from the central (her companion finished the mission and the Saturday before they go home, the missionaries spend Sunday with the mission president & his wife and then fly home Monday)  So in the afternoon, we were a trio!  It was great, and we all get along so well together  :)  It was Hermana Fullmer's birthday, so we bought her a mini-chocolate cake, and took come cute pictures together.


Okay Sunday = FANTASTIC!!  7 investigators attended church!  Jose received the gift of the Holy Ghost, and the classes were inspirational.  In the evening we had the Stake Christmas Devotional, which went well.  And then since the whole zone was present, afterwards we gathered in one of the classrooms and they announced our changes.  Okay this part of the day wasn't too fantastic because Hermana Mora and I found out that we are getting split up  :(  Nooo!  I am going to stay here in the area with my new companion named Hermana Gonzalez and Hermana Mora is going to Zacatecas (her companion will be Hermana Barlow :) )  Hermana Mora was pretty sad that we have changes and was crying a whole lot.  She and I have such a close friendship and we get along like sisters.  I am going to miss her soooo much.  When we returned to the house we helped Hermana Mora pack-up all her things  :(



I can't keep track of time anymore and can't believe how fast it's passing!  I have absolutely loved my time with Hermana Mora and have learned so much from her.  I am extremely grateful that we were able to spend these past few months together.

Something just came up and I've got to go.  Until next week ...

xoxo,
Hermana Eliason

[Other photos sent this week]


















No comments:

Post a Comment