I LOVE MAIL

I LOVE TO GET MAIL !

Hermana Kiley Eliason

Prolongación Adolfo López Mateos #98A

Colonia Trojes de Alonso

C.P. 20116 Jesus Maria,

Aguascalientes, Mexico



My email address: kiley.eliason@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 16, 2015

CHANGES but not too much of a change


So this week was kinda crazy because on Tuesday right after lunch, Hermana Rivera and I both started feeling pretty bad and super weak. We headed back to the house to grab a jacket and didn't end up leaving because we ended up taking turns going to the bathroom every 15 minutes.  So ya, that was fun. We couldn't leave on Wednesday either, but had to go to the multi-zone showing of the movie Meet the Mormons, which ended up being super cute! I LOVED it!! I would totally recommend it to anyone who hasn't had the chance of seeing it yet :) Immediately afterwards we went to the doctor who told us we most likely had eaten something that didn't sit well with us - and that we would be prone to diarrhea and vomiting/nausea for the next 72 hours - GREAT. 

Not goodbye, but see ya later, alligator!
(This is us in the bus station all sad because of transfers)
Thursday I couldn't bear to sit in the bathroom and our bed all day, so in the evening we made several visits. When we taught Teodulo and Maria, they told us they had kept up in their reading in the Book of Mormon and are right now in Mosiah!  I couldn't stop beaming as Hermana Maria explained to me how incredible she thought the story of Alma the Younger was. She retold us the story and was like, "Alma was mute for three days! And then his dad was praying and fasting for him to be able to talk again and tell everyone he had been wrong. That is amazing!!"   She was so excited about reading the Book of Mormon and I almost cried as she showed me a particular verse she had underlined and shared with us saying "this scripture reminded me of you missionaries." The verse was Mosiah 27:36-37
36 And thus they were instruments in the hands of God in bringing many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, to the knowledge of their Redeemer.
37 And how blessed are they! For they did publish peace; they did publish good tidings of good; and they did declare unto the people that the Lord reigneth.

By Friday Hermana Rivera and I started to feel better (and a BONUS - we had dropped 4 pounds each ;)  haha   We worked all day and really enjoyed being out and about with the people again. 
This is me and Hermana Yera

Saturday was fun because Hermana Flores ended up in a trio with us since her companion finishes the mission this week and was going to Agaus for the Sunday dinner with the President.  And what's more exciting is that her companion was traveling to Agaus with Hermana Gonzalez (who also finishes the mission this week) so I got to see her! She and I were so happy to give each other a hug again and talk for a couple minutes before she left.  She promised to write me and stay in touch.

So Saturday afternoon, while with Hermana Rivera and Hermana Flores, we taught Enriqueta and her two daughters.  I was practically squealing with joy when Ximena told me that she is now in Alma in the Book of Mormon and has been reading every day!!  It is SUCH an indescribable feeling of happiness for another person - and on such a level that I had never felt before coming to the mission.  I could truly see that they all are learning and loving the gospel.  My prayer that night was that if I had transfers, that her other daughter Danahi could come to church (which would be the first time she's ever gone and a true miracle).

Here is Enriqueta with Ximena and Mariela

Sunday morning arrived and when we went to Enriqueta's house, she and her THREE daughters filed out behind her and my jaw almost dropped to the floor.  It was the best moment ever!! I know one day they will all be baptized and Danahi is opening up to the possibility of listening to the missionary discussions.  Miracles do happen.

Dinner with the Amaya family



























At night, the Amaya family had invited us and the Elders to dinner and there, we received the news of transfers. When Elder King told me I was going to Zacatecas, I wasn't too surprised....but then when he said I would be Hermana Mora's companion I was like "Are you serious?!!!" Yep!  SO I am with my awesome companion Hermana Mora again!!!  It was really hard to pack up from the area that had become like a second home to me and say goodbye to my incredible companion Hermana Rivera, but I know it's not really a goodbye more like a "see ya later alligator!"  We will all stay in contact and be close friends forever."


These are some of my close friends from our ward (Thalia, Adriana, Gabby, Me, Fernanda, Karla, and Hermana Rivera)


On Monday morning I arrived at the bus station in rainy and foggy weather (I guess San Luis was sad I was leaving too).  It was a three hour drive to Zacatecas, but I slept the whole way. When I finally made it, Hermana Mora greeted me with the biggest smile I have ever seen!!  When I told her how happy I was to be with her again, she told me why we are companions here for the second time. What's happening here in Zacatecas is, the only stake here is falling apart and on the verge of disappearing for low church assistance and baptisms.  So in an effort to save the stake here, President Villareal sent his best missionaries to this zone.  Since Hermana Mora and I made such a great team back in SLP he put us together again!  I am pumped to be here and dedicate my last 12 weeks to working my hardest and helping in any way I can.  



This is Hermana Mora posing outside of our house (well actually we only live on the second story) 


My area is the center of the capital and is the most beautiful area I have ever had! It is pure hills here, so we will be walking up and down steep inclines and declines all the time - but I like it.  Everything is colonial and all the streets are cobblestone. As I come to learn more and take more pictures I think you will be able to get a sense of my new life here.   I am happy and healthy and all is well :) 

Love you all and hope you have an excellent week!

Hermana Eliason 


[more photos]

Me and Hermana Perez

Here we are in our sweet hammocks



For our last supper...haha the Amaya family made us lasaña!!

This was 7 of us in Mike´s car when he dropped us off to go eat!

At the Family Yera´s house we took some crazy photos



This is our last district photo







Back with Hermana Mora!




















No comments:

Post a Comment