I LOVE MAIL

I LOVE TO GET MAIL !

Hermana Kiley Eliason

Prolongación Adolfo López Mateos #98A

Colonia Trojes de Alonso

C.P. 20116 Jesus Maria,

Aguascalientes, Mexico



My email address: kiley.eliason@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 1, 2014

My Home Away From Home

To start off - - - HAPPY SEPTEMBER!  This will be a month of celebrations, because on the 16th is Mexico's Independence Day :)  So, get ready for a whole lot of green, white - n - red!

This week I was a little under the weather with the flu for a couple of days, but now I'm all better again.  All went well in our lessons and visits this week and on Sunday, 4 of our investigators attended church!  And this Sunday was special because it was Ward Conference (where leaders from the stake presidency attend).  It was great because the talks were uplifting and there were a lot of less active members in attendance.

During the week, Hermana Perez and I had been passing out lots of invitations for the conference, and we were so happy with the turnout.  :)  Hermana Perez and I also sang in the Ward Choir for the conference - and because I was sick, I'm not afraid to admit that I sang the first musical number with a cough drop in my mouth :)  haha  But I think we sounded great, and the two songs we sang (Joseph's First Prayer, and Peace Be Still)  really invited the Spirit.
The choir for the ward conference

The day before the Ward Conference, our ward had a big Family Home Evening night in the church.  It was so much fun!  Lots of members came and Nayeli (one of our investigators) also came with her two young daughters.  :)  The FHE consisted of several short spiritual thoughts, then games and refreshments.  The adults played charades, while the children played a game similar to Musical Chairs.  Then we all socialized while eating "arroz con leche."  I love the people in this area and in this ward SO much!  They have truly become like a big second family to me.  And I know that they love me in return, because they are always saying things like,  "When are the next transfers going to be?  Because you can't leave us.  You need to stay here your whole mission."  "We are going to pray that you don't have changes"  "We love you Hermana Alyson" :)

One funny story about my last name:  Since everyone calls me Hermana Alyson (since they can't pronounce Eliason) some members have never actually looked at my name tag to see how my last name is spelled.  So, this week, the daughter of a less active family drew me a picture and wanted to write, "To:  Hermana Eliason, From: Marisol"  But when she looked at my name tag, she gave me a confused face and worriedly asked, "Hermana Alyson!  Did someone change your name tag?"  haha

This week Hermana Perez and I also had a unique experience when a giant moth got trapped in our house!  Right now these "giant moths" are super common and we see them in many of the buildings planted on the ceilings.  I tried taking a picture of one of them, but you can't actually tell how big these moths really are!  The people here call them "ratones viejas" or "old rats"  Super gross!

One of the many GIANT moths here!

All in all, it was an exciting week full of lots of smiles, but also spiritual experiences.  For example, on Thursday, when I was feeling the worst, I couldn't sleep during the night because of a killer headache, a runny nose that made my throat raw and pounding ears because of the congestion pressure.  Finally at 5am, I decided to get on my knees and say a prayer.  Within 2 minutes afterwards, I was fast asleep and woke up without any head pain.  I know that God hears and answers our prayers.  And I know He loves His children.  "Fear thou not, for I am with thee: be not dismayed, for I am thy God:  I will strengthen thee, yea I will help thee, yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."  Isaiah 41:10

Hermana Perez's hair after I cut it :)
Today for Preparation Day, I cut Hermana Perez's hair.  :)  It turned out super cute and she likes the new look.  So, we're both happy.

For lunch, we ate lentil soup and carrot juice.  Yeah, we're super healthy ... sometimes :)  Earlier in the week, we were served enchiladas twice - and each time they were so yummy that we ate 6 or more ... I love Mexican food!

All is well.  I am happy and healthy and working hard, but enjoying every second.  Hermana Perez says hello to everyone and we are loving this time as companions in Boulevares, Aguascalientes.

Hope you all have a superb week!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Eliason

Other random photos:

Here we are with the Hermana Hernandez and her daughter Tere (recent converts)

Me with the Relief Society President Hermana Villalobos

Us with a member named Maribel





No comments:

Post a Comment