I LOVE MAIL

I LOVE TO GET MAIL !

Hermana Kiley Eliason

Prolongación Adolfo López Mateos #98A

Colonia Trojes de Alonso

C.P. 20116 Jesus Maria,

Aguascalientes, Mexico



My email address: kiley.eliason@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 4, 2014

Working Hard & Seeing Results

This week Hermana Perez and I decided to organize the area book.  The area book has the names, addresses, and information of some past investigators who stopped receiving the missionary lessons.  But only about half of these "antiguo investigadores"  have a statement describing why the past missionaries before us stopped visiting them.  So, Hermana Perez and I took upon ourselves the responsibility to investigate and try to encounter these past investigators.  This meant that we did a ton of walking this week and used our map a lot to find the 30+ addresses.

It was a rewarding experience because some of the people we met invited us into their homes and told us their feelings towards the lessons they received from other Elders that were in this area.  I could see that even if some of these people weren't ready to be baptized or accept the gospel - they all had fond memories and sincere interest in the missionaries.  And I know it's because during this time in our lives we have the Spirit with us stronger than ever, and truly are representatives of Jesus Christ.  When missionaries (Elders or Sisters) testify of gospel truths, I can see a special light in their eyes and it's like they're radiating.  It is a privilege to be a missionary and I am loving every moment.  :)
Me and Hermana Perez

Here I am with  Hermana Huff and her comp Hermana Morinigo,
and Hermana Perez at the zone meeting

This week Hermana Perez and I also saw the miracles that can come from fasting.  Hermana Perez and I fasted for a few less active members who are key to helping their entire family & others return to church.  One of these less active members was Hermana Romero.  She has 4 grown children & a niece that is currently living with her, named Caro, who is one of our investigators.  Hermana Romero, her husband, and all her children are members who inactivated over 7 years ago and haven't assisted [attended] church since.

Now she has grandchildren, son-in-laws, and daughter-in-laws who aren't members, but who have been receiving the missionary lessons from Hermana Perez and I.  We knew that if Hermana Romero starting coming back to church again - her whole family would reactivate or be baptized.

We had a very powerful and spiritual lesson with Hermana Romero and her two daughters & niece about the importance of the Sabbath Day and church attendance.  A bit to our surprise, after we finished the lesson, Hermana Romero said, "I'm going to church this Sunday."  She said it so clearly and with such determination that I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped to the floor for a moment!

When she and almost half of her family showed up to church on Sunday, I knew it was an answer to our prayers and fast.  And I cannot describe the joy I feel when someone joins the church or reactivates.  "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father."  D&C 18: 10, 15-16

I know that God listens.  That He answers our prayers.  And I am sure that if we commit to be obedient and follow the example of His son, Jesus Christ, we will encounter true and lasting happiness.

I am so grateful for this gospel and all that I am learning.

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive & has kept me in their prayers.  I feel strengthened when I think of each of you and the impact you've had on my life.  I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week.

xoxoxo
Hermana Eliason

Random Notes:
*     We had a month / giant butterfly that was trapped in our house.  It was literally bigger than my hand (and I have big hands!)
*     When Hermana Perez and I are hungry, we've developed the habit of buying baked pumpkin seeds from an old lady, who sells them on the corner.

Here are some parts of my area.  This one is of a super spacious field 
and the next one is a super green park filled with tons of plants and trees that we pass through



No comments:

Post a Comment